Writing to Get Things Done®
Turn your team into high-performing, deadline-oriented, super-achievers who write with one goal in mind: to get things done.
This one-day in-person class includes a pre-seminar analysis of each participant’s writing sample with instructions for revising based on the principles and models of Writing to Get Things Done®.
Writing clear, easy-to-read emails, reports, meeting minutes, BLUFs, situational awareness, white papers, instructions, and various business documents is the primary focus of WGTD. How to express technical information in an organized manner, as well as composing convincing justification for final decisions is also covered in this course.
- Clarify your thoughts before writing.
- Separate the reader’s needs from the writer’s needs.
- Use the BLUF inverted-pyramid principle of organization.
- Use a listing paragraph format to highlight key ideas.
- Use the language of getting things done vs. business speak.
- Use our three models of organization for all business writing.
Writing to Get things Done is a learning and development
process, not a training event. It consists of the following elements:
American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) Certification Institute
ESTIMATED STUDY TIME
7 hours over 1-2 days
- Save time and money from ineffective communication and missed deadlines and opportunities
- Reduce ambiguous emails and inbox clutter
- Build a more confident workforce and increase support for your organization’s mission
Enhance Team Performance
- Increase cooperation and trust between team members
- Build confidence, leadership skills and influence
- Improve team performance and promotions
Over the course of four years, we’ve scheduled about 40 Writing to Get Things Done® classes. We now have a critical mass of people who are writing to get things done!
Roger Grothe, Manager Training & Development, Unisys/Lockheed Martin
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Stan Berry is the lead instructor and energy engine of the learning team at Berry Writing Group. His peerless, 40-year track record, engaging teaching style, and immediately effective platform have made him an office and boardroom favorite at numerous Fortune 500 and government organizations.
His teachings have improved the writing skills of over 100,000 scientists, executives, attorneys, engineers and other professionals.
And along with his courses and countless technical manuals, Stan has authored five books on Effective Communication for Successful Leadership that he uses in his seminars.
Others who tried this course also viewed
Get in Touch. Get Things Done.